Singn up to our Newsletter to keep up to date with our Special Offers and Upcoming Events
• Hotel Doolin always takes the view to promote Doolin as a destination more than the hotel itself. The festivals are called “The Doolin Writers’ Weekend”, “The Doolin Folk Festival”, “The Doolin Surf Fest”.
• In 2018 the hotel spent over €1.5 million in local suppliers for hotel purchases.
• Hotel Doolin have been shortlisted in the Chambers Ireland CSR Awards in September 2019.
• Most of the 120 employees are from the local area.
• We provide employees with free access to weekly yoga in Doolin.
• We provide all staff with a free nutritional consultation
• Our Social Responsibility Team organised a Youthfest in March 2018 & 2019 where we invited 400 youthclub members from Clare to Hotel Doolin. We gave them food, had music, spoken word, the 2 Johnnies & Laughter Yoga with the aim of enhancing Youth Mental Health.
|November 2021||Climbing Mount Errigal, for Brothers of Charity & CARE|
|March 2020||Staff bringing out food for the elderly during the pandemic|
|14-16.06.2019||Raffle for St. James’ Hospital, Dublin.|
|26.12.2018||Walk in aid of Elevate|
|22.11.2018||Quiz Alzheimers Ireland|
|18.11.2018||Supporting Local nursing home Stella Maris, we are putting on food and music|
|October 2018||Bewleys Coffee Morning Cahercalla Hospice|
|October 2018||Galteemore Climb in aid of Irish Cancer Society|
|Halloween 2018||Doolin Pubs Beer Run in aid of Irish Cancer Society|
|All year||Collection Buckets for Elevate throughout the hotel|
|May 2018||Walk Darkness into Light Pieta House|
|March 2018||Bewleys Coffee Morning Cahercalla Hospice|
|18.10.2017||17 members of our team are climbed Carauntoohill to raise money for Elevate|
|30.11.2017||Walk for Elevate|
|30.11.2017||Quiz for Elevate (youth wellness in Co. Clare)|
• All of these efforts have also given Hotel Doolin several national awards which are listed on http://www.hoteldoolin.ie/awards.html Most recent award was winning European Eco-Friendly Hotel of the Year at the Luxury Travel Guide Awards 2018 & Green Medium Sized Organization of the Year at the Green Awards in 2018 & A Greener Event at A Greener Festival Awards in London in February 2018.
• On the 26th of December 2016 the hotel staff arranged a Run /Walk in aid of Pieta House, we raised €4611.50.
• We held a quiz night on the 21st of December 2016 for West Clare Taking Care; a voluntary run charity, based in West Clare. They are a "collective of concerned volunteers who can do research and disseminate information." They put together events and courses, including mindfulness and meditation practice, as well as helping start a dialogue about mental health...we raised €2000.
• On the 6th December 2015, the Hotel Doolin staff organized a Sleep Out to raise funds for The Simon Community, 10 brave employees took on the Wild Atlantic Winter Weather and raise €1250 in one night.
• Our chosen charity for 2014 was St. Vincent De Paul. We teamed with this charity to give 15 families a Christmas to be remembered. Hotel doolin opened its doors to St Vincent De Paul members from the 24th of December to the 26th of December 2014. Our generous suppliers and the local community got immediately involved & the staff of the hotel volunteered to work shifts throughout Christmas to make sure everyone was cared for in this special time of the year. It was a fantastic Christmas for all involved and something our team are very proud off. In combination with this event we offered St. Vincent De Paul a 2 night stay with dinner each month during 2015 so that they could give it to people that need a break the most.
• In 2013 we sponsored Cliodhna's Foundation. Our sports and social committee undertook a number of activities & raised over €3,000.
• Hotel Doolin sponsored Clare Haven Women's Shelter in Ennis for 2012, undertaking a number of activities including the Burren Peaks Challenge, to raise funds and awareness for this much needed resource.
• Hotel Doolin is involved in a number of local community groups, including the Burren Eco Tourism Network, Doolin Tourism Group, Burren & Cliffs Of Moher Geopark and the Tidy Towns Committee with staff members, actively involved with these committees.