Click here to see our Wedding Gallery
Your wedding day should be a reflection of who you are, that is what will make your day special. The concept of an Eco wedding does not mean it has to be more expensive, or that you have to leave out any aspects of your big day. You can adopt as many or as little Eco friendly measures as you want, every little helps.
If you have a strong environmental and social conscience here are some suggestions to Green your wedding day:
Choose an Environmental friendly venue:
- Hotel Doolin has been a Platinum Award Winner with Green Hospitality Ireland for the past 3 years, one of only eight hotels in the country to achieve this award.
- We were runner-ups to Intel at the IBEC Environmental Awards 2016
- Winners of the Tourism & Entertainment Award at the Green Awards in 2015 & 2016
- Our Green managers have won two IHI Environmental Manager of the year awards.
- We won Best Hotel at the Responsible Tourism Awards 2015
- We won Best Sustainable menu at the Responsible Travel & Tourism Awards 2015
- We use local producers for our menus, 70% of the food on our menus is sourced in a 30Km radius, this reduces our carbon foot print, helps the local community and you can’t beat fresh produce from down the road!
- We have a vast range of Irish Craft beers that will go down great amongst your guests during the arrivals reception. If you are looking for something unique Hotel Doolin has its own beers , Dooliner Red Ale and Dooliner Lager, brewed especially for Hotel Doolin right here in Clare.
- We are members of the Burren Ecotourism Network, Slow Food Ireland and The Burren & Cliffs of Moher Geopark which was awarded EDEN award in 2015 (European Destination of Excellence in Gastronomy)
- Our packages include an Eco Wedding consultation with our Green Manager should you wish to Green up your Big Day.
Simple Tips for Greening up your Big Day:
- Using locally grown food will reduce your carbon footprint on your menu and will help the local community
- Select centrepieces that do not involve rare species of flowers that might have to be flown from overseas, use local blooms or even better go flowerless! You can use potted plants as your centrepieces that can be planted afterwards and research bouquet options like porcelain or silk bouquets. Consultation with our own wedding décor specialist Ríona is included in all of our packages.
- Use recycled paper for your invitations or go paperless, videos and online invites are available and can be a lot of fun!
- Have your wedding ceremony and reception in the same venue to save on travel.
- Select your wedding dress carefully, using an Irish designer and materials from fair trade and cruelty free products such as organic cotton, hemp and silks. You can also consider a second hand wedding dress that can be re adjusted from your parents which will also add sentimental value to your big day.
- Car sharing or a mini bus for guests coming from the same place will reduce your carbon foot print and it can be a really fun addition for your wedding guests!
- Consider a charity of your choice instead of wedding favours and let your guests know that a donation has been made on their behalf.
- Opt out of paper for your menus and table plan, you can write them both on blackboards around the venue.
- Choose local suppliers, musicians, hair and make-up and especially a photographer, they will know exactly the best places to take your wedding photos around your venue.
- For information on more Greener Weddings visit - https://www.77diamonds.com/sustainable-weddings