The Staff and Management of Hotel Doolin are committed to our Green Hospitality Programme.
This programme aims to reduce the carbon footprint of the hotel by reducing waste and energy use throughout the hotel. In our first year we received the Silver award and since then have been awarded the highest award of Platinum in 2013, an award that only 8 other hotels in Ireland possess!
All of our staff and management have a role to play in our program from Danny in the kitchen, who oversees waste management in this area to Suphoj in the garden who makes it possible for us to grow our own deliciously fresh vegetables and herbs in the poly tunnel and of course he also looks after the ducks and hens! Our staff are introduced to the program at induction stage and are encouraged to give their own feedback on any improvements that they can see would help us reduce our carbon footprint.
There have been many changes to the Hotel since we implemented our Green Program including:
• Harvesting our own Rain Water.
• We have raised beds now and we are hoping to gain more yield from our vegetables and herbs for the hotel.
• Building a Poly tunnel and garden, were we grow our own vegetables and herbs which in turn are used in our recipes for the Chervil Restaurant & Fitzpatrick’s Bar.
• Introduced some hens & ducks to our garden.
• We now stock organic bath & soap products in our rooms from the Voya range.
• We send e-invoices were possible to reduce the amount of paper that we use and also re-use paper at the front desk and offices.
• Our waste is segregated throughout the hotel to reduce the amount of waste going to landfill and recycled as much as possible.
• Charge point for electric cars, this is offered free of charge.
• We have a no disposable cup policy for the staff. • Charge point for electric cars, this is offered free of charge.
To see our Environmental Policy please Click Here